AIDS Walk Orange County has implemented the following procedures in an effort to make our Walk as environmentally conscious as possible…
- Using mainly electronic means to contact potential donors and walkers instead of a paper campaign.
- Encouraging donors to donate directly to the cause through available email links.
- Eliminating the need for offline paper registrations by providing a no fee electronic registration.
- Use of mainly email receipts for donors.
- As much trash and other waste as possible at the event will be recycled by Waste Management.
- Steering Committee agendas are displayed electronically instead of being reproduced on paper for each member.
- AIDS Walk staff has eliminated the use of disposable plastic and Styrofoam cups in the office and are reusing mugs, glasses and other vessels.
- When we do need to use paper, AIDS Walk staff uses paper made with 100% sustainable plantation fiber and 100% elemental chlorine free fiber.
- When “brown-bagging” it, AIDS Walk staff bring their lunches to the office in reusable bags and containers.
If you have any other ideas or recommendations for our GREEN effort, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and list the subject as “Go GREEN!”